Wednesday, July 3, 2013

HE is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine! Ephesians 3:20

Aaron and I in between St. Basil's Cathedral and the Kremlin in January. My toes were frozen.



Hey friends. As y'all probably know, we spent much of last year fundraising for Vitaliy's adoption. Because of YOU, we were able to go to Russia together twice for our first two trips, and I was able to go again alone for appeals court in May. Everything for his adoption was paid for and completed, except for his gotcha trip. We hope and pray to be able to do that trip sometime in the future, but in the meantime we are focusing on fundraising for Moses' adoption. And I know typing this on a blog where you are likely reading this in a whole other state or part of the world doesn't nearly convey our gratitude, but THANK YOU to those of you who faithfully gave to Vitaliy's adoption fund. I would hug every neck and wash all of your feet as a sign of our humble gratitude if I could. I really would. And thank you also to those who have already given to Moses'! We are so, so thankful.

I don't know if you noticed, but Moses' adoption grant went from just over $100 to over $8,200 OVERNIGHT this past weekend. How did this happen, you ask? The Lord used an anonymous donor to answer a very specific prayer that I prayed the day before. And He continues to use faithful people just like you to continue to grow that number. We are aiming to raise $16,000 as it will cost somewhere between $21,000-$23,000+ to bring our little man home. If you want to see an itemized break down of estimated costs, it is listed as a page at the top of the blog. We are forced to raise this pretty quickly since we will likely travel in just 2 short months, which is such a blessing! We are prepared to take care of his medical needs associated with his Cerebral Palsy and Hydrocephalus once he is home and are able to do that because of the most gracious donations you all are giving! So once again, THANK YOU!

A dear friend of ours is hosting a Facebook auction in hopes to raise money for us and three other precious adoptive families. If you have something you would like to donate to the auction such as gift cards, crafts, new/gently used clothes, jewelry, anything at all that you would like to give, please let me know on Facebook or e-mail me at vitaliyhasafamily@gmail.com. We aim to have all descriptions and pictures of the items by July 10. If you have nothing to donate but still want to participate, stay tuned on Facebook for all of the awesome things that will be up for auction once it opens on July 15!

We love y'all so much and hope you have a wonderful fourth of July tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment