Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Thankful.

Y'all. I'm just blown away. When we were fundraising for Moses' adoption I remember praying that the Lord would provide a big chunk of what was needed and overnight Moses' adoption account went up over $8,000. I prayed the same prayer last night, but this time for our newest adoption-and this afternoon when I checked "Charley"'s adoption account, it had gone up over $5,000!!!!!!! Both donations were made by anonymous donors and they had no way of knowing they were answering a very specific prayer by giving so radically. To say we are thankful for their obedience to the Lord would be a huge understatement. I just can't get over how good our God is and how He uses faithful people to answer prayers.

Speaking of fundraising, since we never received a court date for our Ugandan adoption, we were not able to utilize any of the money we had raised to bring Moses home. So we started this new adoption with over $12,000 in the account from what had been so graciously given for him. If you were any part of helping us raise that money, we can't thank you enough. You blessed us for one adoption and now are blessing us in another. What a gift! As we looked at our finances for this adoption, we realized we need to raise about $10,000 so that is our goal. Well, I'm ecstatic to say we are over half way to the goal. We still need to raise $4,705.14 and are brain storming some ideas. A very dear old friend contacted me and has so graciously offered to do a Jamberry nails fundraiser for us, so be on the lookout for that coming soon! And if you want to keep up with how much has been raised, there is a little thermometer on the right side of the blog that I will do my best to keep up to date. Also, there is a page at the top that breaks down how much we will owe for each step. Adoption ain't cheap! 

In the mean time, I wanted to thank those of you who have commented on our announcement post, hugged our necks, texted, messaged, called, and prayed-it has been such a sweet time for us with y'all joining us in celebrating our newest little one. We had the honor of announcing our adoption news to our church family on Sunday and I recorded it on my iphone (I posted it below). That is Eli whispering in the back ground once he realizes that's a picture of his new brother up there. I'll tell y'all about his and his siblings' reactions to the news in a separate post. We are so blessed to have such a strong body of believers surrounding us in our church family. They've wept with us, prayed fervently for our little boys, encouraged us, listened to us grieve and mourn, prayed over us, and now are celebrating as though it's their child who will be coming home. Aaron and I are just in awe of how precious they've been and how God has used them as we begin the healing process and look forward with hope to the future. So, enjoy this short clip! Also, little man's name isn't really Charley-that is just the name he has been given on Reece's Rainbow. Ready to hear the name he will be given as part of our family? Wait for it.....

















BOAZ ISAIAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We're so pumped. We especially like the story of Boaz being a kinsman redeemer in the Old Testament and Isaiah is my favorite book in the Bible. Also, it's just a really cool name for a really cool kid. We love y'all!





No comments:

Post a Comment